Tales of Windsurfing on a Lake in the Southeast U.S.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day #17 on the lake

Thursday, June 14th, 2007

Max Temperature 92 °F / 33 °C
Wind Speed 2 mph / 4 km/h ()
Max Wind Speed 14 mph / 22 km/h (I saw this when I got home this evening)
Max Gust Speed - none
GPS: Yeah, right.


I went to Hamilton Creek even though the forecast was NE 5. I arrived at noon, rigged Superlight/6.3 and putted around. There were some decent 7-8 puffs, so I worked on fast tacks and got them down much better.

Robyn finally made it out around 3:30 and we worked on her tacks and upwind techinque. She only sailed for 30 minutes and had to leave. I headed out of the harbor into the lake and there was a solid 9; I might have had fun on the 9.5. I made just a few short runs, then headed back.

No comments: