Tales of Windsurfing on a Lake in the Southeast U.S.

Monday, June 4, 2007

Day #12 on the lake

Max Temperature 82 °F / 28 °C
Max Wind Speed 16 mph / 26 km/h
Max Gust Speed 25 mph / 41 km/h
Didn’t use GPS, was afraid I would break it.


YEAH, BABY! I got to Cook at 11:30 and on the water with Fanatic and the 5.5 at 11:45. It was up and down, but I stayed with it and got a lot of great rides. The forecast was W15-20, but it clocked around alot to NW and looked like it picked up, but left a wind shadow half way across the lake on the Cook side. I never took advantage of the NW to sail toward Hamilton Creek because I was afraid of getting to the middle, being way overpowered, then having to limp back to Cook in no wind; so I sailed back and forth between Cook and Bear Island. In spite of temps in the 80’s, it was so windy that the one time I fell, I wished I had a shorty when I was back up in the wind.

After a couple of hours I came in and rigged 7.5. I thought it would build all day long, but it seemed to be dropping off. I got some great 7.5 rides, but it was coming back, so I came in. Robyn and Kelly brought me some potato salad, so I hung out with them and ate. Then it really picked up, they left, I went out for some more 5.5 action, but crap it was windy! One trip over the Bear Island and I decided to call it a day. What a great 4 1/2 hours!!!

I won’t add wunderground’s graph for today as it is totally wrong.

No comments: