Tales of Windsurfing on a Lake in the Southeast U.S.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Day #30 on the lake

Max Temperature 73 °F / 22 °C
Wind Speed 9 mph / 15 km/h ()
Max Wind Speed 15 mph / 24 km/h
Max Gust Speed 22 mph / 35 km/h

Wunderground got it right when they predicted the best wind before noon. Bob H. called just after 9am and said he was heading out, so I scarfed down some oatmeal and hit the shower. he called back before I pulled out of the driveway to say Hamilton Creek was going off!

I got there to see him coming in to switch from the 9.0 to 11.0, which surprised me as it looked good in front of Bear Island, but I took his word for it and rigged 9.5 and AHD.

We sailed for about two hours, me in a shortie and Bob in swim trunks. I fell twice and my head got cold even though the water was warm, so I came in to grab some nourishment, but it was getting light as I got to shore. Bob followed me in a few minutes later and we called it a day.

FALL IS HERE!!! :)

1 comment:

Rusty said...

The wind did the same thing in North Alabama. It was blowing steady until 11:00, which happened to be my launch time at Lake Guntersville. I did get on plane several times, however each ride lasted less than a minute. I was catapulted several times during the day...still learning to adjust my power when the strong gusts hit. I felt like a rag doll being slung around the front of the board.