Tales of Windsurfing on a Lake in the Southeast U.S.

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Day 28 on the lake

Max Temperature 88 °F / 31 °C
Wind Speed 2 mph / 6 km/h ()
Max Wind Speed 14 mph / 22 km/h
Max Gust Speed 23 mph / 37 km/h

Bob H. and I hit the water around 1pm. It blew great as I rigged the 7.5/Fanatic, but I had a lot of schlogging the first hour and came in for the 9.5 & AHD. I had a headache and decided not to rig the 9.5, instead taking the 7.5 and AHD.

That was a decent combination as the water was pretty flat. Bob was on 11.0/IMCO, but could not keep up with me when I caught a good gust and went way upwind, past Goose and Bear Islands and almost to Hamilton Creek.

I had a good couple of hours up there, but saw that the wind was going to die and headed for the beach. Bob also saw the dying winds and headed in.

Half hour later a new guy, Robin, appeared with a new Nova 165 and a 4.5. He was still sailing in the rain when I left.

It was a nice day and tomorrow calls for S 10-15!

No comments: