Tales of Windsurfing on a Lake in the Southeast U.S.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Day #22 on the lake

I went to Hamilton Creek for Karla’s second lesson. I considered rigging the 9.5 and going out on the Superlight, but the wind was so light that I didn’t bother. I rigged the 5.3 for Karla and went out in the cove.

I thought Karla got home from work at 5, but she actually leaves Green Hills at 5. She arrived at HC around 6:30 and did really well again.

At one point, she was going to weather, but made a big downwind turn, sailed 50 feet, tried to tack, got backwinded and fell. She asked about this later and I explained what happened.

She has a bad habit of looking at the sail and not watching her direction, but at the end of the session I got her to steer the board back and forth, so I believe she will really make progress next time.

Also, she tends to drop the sail anytime she gets overpowered, so I told her to drop her butt next time. I hope this works so we can get her out in more wind and get her speed up!

No comments: