Tales of Windsurfing on a Lake in the Southeast U.S.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Another sailable day

Today’s forecast was S10-20. I showered last night, went to bed early and slept like a rock with plans to sail again today and by 10:30, I had eaten and showered and it was blowing nicely. I hooked up the trailer and headed out, stopping at the bottom of the hill for ice. It was obviously blowing better than then 12-16 wunderground said, so I came back home for the 115 liter Fanatic.

Driving over the dam, the wind looked way better than yesterday and I got to Cook to see solid whitecaps. I thought for a minute about going out on 7.5, but it was really solild whitecaps upwind and below Stone Island, so 5.5 was the safe call.

Small problem in the trailer: There was no 430 mast. I watched the water for another 5-10 minutes, picturing sailing with a 7.5, and thought, “hell, no!” Since I was still tight from yesterday, I decided to blow off sailing today. But tomorrow’s another day!

No comments: