Tales of Windsurfing on a Lake in the Southeast U.S.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Day 26 on the lake

Forecast: SW 10-20
Wind Speed 4 mph / 9 km/h ()
Max Wind Speed 17 mph / 28 km/h
Max Gust Speed low 30's
(wunderground says Max Gust 24 mph; bull)
Max Temperature 97 °F / 36 °C

According to wunderground, max gusts were 24, but they were definitely 30 and the whole synopsis of today is bull. It was often low 20's with gusts to low 30's.

I was supposed to meet Bob H. at Cook at 11:00, but I ran 1/2 hour late. I got to Cook, found no Bob in sight and began rigging the 7.5, but as it picked up, I left the 7.5 with a mast in her and rigged a 5.5 for the 101 liter Veloce.

Bob finally showed up and rigged a 7.5 (he's 230 lbs.) as it blew like stink. We got on the water at 12:45 and both of us had lots of good runs, but there were holes. John C. showed up and was rigging 6.0 for his Screamer, but broke his mast. I lent him my 460, so that took my 7.5 out of the picture, which I was planning to switch to. Oh well, it was worth it to see John sail.

I quit at 2:45 as my legs were tired and the wind was too variable for my taste. Bob & John came in 30 minutes later.

2 comments:

PeconicPuffin said...

Any day you burn your legs out windsurfing is a great one...nice!

LakeSailor said...

Ain't that the truth! I hope we both get more soon. :)